Thursday, 27 February 2014

This Is Not A Toy

This week I went to the exhibit "This is Not a Toy" on now at the Design Exchange in Toronto. It presents the toy as a contemporary artistic expression. The guest curator for the exhibit is Pharrell Williams. The show consists of designer toys, sculptures and artwork by artists such as Takashi Murakami and works from the personal collection of Williams. I really enjoyed the exhibit. The layout, music and colours created a dream-like world exploring pop culture and design. It was a lot of fun to pull out the camera and snap some shots of the quirky and colourful works. A fun way to spend the afternoon! 
Hope your week is going well. Have a great Thursday!

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. The Beatles! Love this exhibition, so good on Pharrell! xx Rebecca - UK fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. That looks really awesome.

    x
    www.thecherryfactor.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still see them as toys but I love them!! I didn't give away many of my childhood toys and they are carefully wrapped. If I ever have kids I am planning to give them to them. Amazing expo!
    http://dhariascloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like an exciting exhibit, and I love your photos! I really enjoy your blog so far and would love to follow each other--please join my GFC and I'll follow you right back!

    StylizedLuxe
    Instagram

    xo Jess

    ReplyDelete

© Sarah Justine Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig