Thursday, 26 March 2015

Winter Photo Diary // Spring Cleaning

winter toronto
cat
winter
hound dog
university of toronto
 I wanted to share with you my last batch of photos I took over the winter months. I also wanted to wish you a Happy Spring! I am looking forward to the fresh start a new season brings, especially spring. This season I am pushing the restart button. I have been in a slump the last few weeks - eating unhealthy, not sleeping well, not exercising, watching too much TV. All this can lead to feeling lousy and negative vibes. So I am going to do some spring cleaning, both physically and mentally. 
  1. Eat Healthy. I have been eating too much junk food which just makes you feel sluggish and puffy. Its all about clean eating this spring - fresh produce, lean meats and whole grains. 
  2. Meditate. My mom suggested I start meditating. Not going to lie, I had my doubts but its actually very soothing and helps you deal with stress. I have been doing it for a few days and its a great activity at night before bed. It is time to simply focus on your breathing and concentrate on here and now.
  3. Exercise. I am going to start this gradually, even a short walk outside. I read that just 10 minutes of natural sunlight can boost your mood for up to 2 hours. Exercising is great for the body and also the mind. It boosts your energy and mood. It also helps with confidence. 
  4. Watch less TV. I am having a love/hate relationship with Netflix. So good but so bad....here's to more reading and less Francis Underwood. 
  5. Positive vibes. This is actually easier said than done. Having positive thoughts can be tough at times. However, much like eating healthy, meditating and getting up off your butt, positive vibes can add to boosting your mood. It's good to create a healthy relationship between your mind and body and let them speak to one another. This is like any relationship in life, it takes time to grow and work. 
I think this spring cleaning is going to go well (and here is the start of positive vibes already). Always good to reflect, clear your mind and have a few goals. I encourage you to do some spring cleaning, whether that's literally or figuratively. I suppose its good to do both. 

Wishing you a good day and positive vibes. 
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. su ch beautiful snow covered view
    keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the beautiful snowy landscape shots. I know the cold is probably too much for you, and you're probably over it, but it makes for a pretty photo :)

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg the dog so cute!!! :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha same here with Netflix; it is so addicting! Lovely photo's! :)

    xo Mel || Sketch and Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
  5. These shots are beautiful xo

    http://fridaynightstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I'm making the effort to get outside for at least 10 minutes on my lunch break. Need to get off the office chair!

    xx Gabriella
    pastelsandpastries.com

    ReplyDelete

© Sarah Justine Style. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig